1. Consent: by completing and signing the Medical Declaration and Consent Form or by completing any forms on my website, you are giving your consent for Emma Cliffe – Holistic Massage Therapist to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records or purchasing information, as applicable. I use your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes.
2. Email marketing: with your permission, I will send you emails about my products, my practice, special offers, handy tips and other updates. You will need to positively opt in either online or on your Medical Declaration and Consent Form to receive these updates. You can unsubscribe at any time, by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to me direct at 31 Dalbier Close, Dussindale, Norwich, NR7 0RP.
3. Links: when you click on links on my website, they may direct you away from my site. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
4. Storing your information: your information is stored both on an encrypted computer, in Microsoft 365 (OneDrive, Calendar and Mail), on the secure control panel for my website and in a locked filing cabinet. I do not store personal data on any portable devices such as a memory stick. Any electronic devices used are password protected. Microsoft 365 cloud services are subject to 2-factor authentication and are stored on a paid for, business package which meets GDPR requirements.
5. Retaining your information: You have the right to ask me to anonymise your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship. I am required by law to retain adult records for eight years following our last date of contact and will destroy them with a shredder after that date. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their contact ended.
6. Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself, either for clinical or retail purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by email, in a Microsoft Word or PDF document attachment.
7. Sharing your information: I will never share your information without your permission – it will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
8. Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).