Sometimes life gets in the way of keeping an appointment. If you need to cancel your massage appointment and you wish not to be billed for the appointment, you must notify us within 24 hours of your appointment time. If less than a 24 hour notice is provided, you will be billed for 50% of your massage fee. Clients who do not show up for their appointment and do not notify us in advance will be billed the full massage fee. Emergency cancellations are determined at the therapist’s discretion.
Massage services will be terminated immediately if a client makes any sexual advances or requests, including inappropriate conversation and touch. If the therapist feels uncomfortable and unable to continue the session, they will end it, whether or not the client understands why. Massage therapy is therapeutic in nature and any interactions and communications must remain professional. If the massage is terminated for the above-mentioned reasons, payment is still required.
A session will not be conducted if the client is incapacitated through alcohol or illicit substances, or threatening the safety of the massage therapist, the safety of others in the building, or themselves.
Client Terms and Conditions
- Sessions are intended to begin and end at the scheduled times. Sessions that begin late due to the client’s late arrival will end at the scheduled time and will be billed at the full rate.
- If a client has a cold, flu, sore throat, stomach virus, poison ivy, skin rash, or any other contagious condition, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
- Clients must provide a health history and related health update, as deemed necessary.
- Sexual harassment is not tolerated, and the session will be terminated if this occurs or if the practitioner’s safety is compromised in any way. Sexual harassment is defined as any behaviour that is intended to or has the effect of offending.
- Draping will be used during the session – only the area being worked on will be uncovered.
- Clients under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the entire session. Informed written consent must be provided by parent or legal guardian for any client under the age of 17.
- The Shepherd’s Hut is a non-smoking, odour-neutral environment.
- Clients are expected to be clean, having showered the same day as the massage.
- Clients are asked not to eat a heavy meal less than two hours prior to the massage.
Therapist code of conduct
- We provide our clients with a competent and professional session which is customised and focuses on the individual needs of each client.
- Clients are draped with a sheet or towels at all times during the session. Only the parts of the body being worked on are exposed at any time. The genital area is never exposed or massaged.
- Clients are treated with respect and dignity.
- Personal and professional boundaries are respected at all times.
- We treat all clients equally regardless of their age, gender, race national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, body type, and political affiliation, state of health or personal habits.
- Privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- We take pride in staying current with massage techniques and are committed to providing “state-of-the-art” bodywork.
- The massage therapist performs services which he/she is able and qualified, both physically and emotionally, to perform.
- The massage therapist will refer our clients to an appropriate specialist when the treatment is not within the scope of the massage.
- Accurate records are maintained, and client charts are reviewed before each massage session.
- Equipment and supplies are kept clean and safe.