Cancellations (Updated 15/8/2023)
Sometimes life gets in the way of keeping an appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment, to avoid being billed, you must notify us as follows:-
Between 48 and 4 hours notice of appointment – 50% charge
Up to 4 hours notice and non-attendance of appointment – 100% charge
Future bookings will not be accepted until cancelled appointment payment has been received. Rescheduling your appointment within the cancellation period may still result in a charge. Emergency cancellation charges will be determined at the Therapist’s discretion, in each instance.
Where we need to cancel your appointment, for whatever reason, we will provide a £5 discount on the next scheduled appointment.
Massage services will be terminated immediately if a client makes any sexual advances or requests, including inappropriate conversation and touch. If the therapist feels uncomfortable and unable to continue the session, they will end it, whether or not the client understands why. Massage therapy is therapeutic in nature and any interactions and communications must remain professional. If the massage is terminated for the above-mentioned reasons, payment is still required.
A session will not be conducted if the client is incapacitated through alcohol or illicit substances, or threatening the safety of the massage therapist, the safety of others in the building, or themselves.
Client Terms and Conditions
- Sessions are intended to begin and end at the scheduled times. Sessions that begin late due to the client’s late arrival will end at the scheduled time and will be billed at the full rate.
- If a client has a cold, flu, sore throat, stomach virus, poison ivy, skin rash, or any other contagious condition, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
- Clients must provide a health history and related health update, as deemed necessary.
- Sexual harassment is not tolerated, and the session will be terminated if this occurs or if the practitioner’s safety is compromised in any way. Sexual harassment is defined as any behaviour that is intended to or has the effect of offending.
- Draping will be used during the session – only the area being worked on will be uncovered.
- Clients under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the entire session. Informed written consent must be provided by parent or legal guardian for any client under the age of 17.
- The Shepherd’s Hut is a non-smoking, odour-neutral environment.
- Clients are expected to be clean, having showered the same day as the massage.
- Clients are asked not to eat a heavy meal less than two hours prior to the massage.
Therapist code of conduct (Updated 15/8/2023)
- We provide our clients with a competent and professional session which is customised and focuses on the individual needs of each client.
- If we are running late, we will always still give you the full duration of your booking. If you are unable to stay any later to complete the duration, your price will be adjusted and any missed treatment time will be added to your next session free of charge.
- Clients are draped with a sheet or towels at all times during the session. Only the parts of the body being worked on are exposed at any time. The genital area is never exposed or massaged.
- Clients are treated with respect and dignity.
- Personal and professional boundaries are respected at all times.
- We treat all clients equally regardless of their age, gender, race national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, body type, and political affiliation, state of health or personal habits.
- Privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- We take pride in staying current with massage techniques and are committed to providing “state-of-the-art” bodywork.
- The massage therapist performs services which he/she is able and qualified, both physically and emotionally, to perform.
- The massage therapist will refer our clients to an appropriate specialist when the client need is not within the scope of the massage.
- Accurate records are maintained, and client charts are reviewed before each massage session.
- Equipment and supplies are kept clean and safe.
Privacy (GDPR) Policy (Updated 15/8/2023)
- Consent: by completing and signing the Medical Declaration and Consent Form or by completing any forms on my website, you are giving your consent for Emma Cliffe – Holistic Massage Therapist to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records or purchasing information, as applicable. I use your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes.
- Email marketing: with your permission, I will send you emails about my products, my practice, special offers, handy tips and other updates. You will need to positively opt in either online or on your Medical Declaration and Consent Form to receive these updates. You can unsubscribe at any time, by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to me direct at 31 Dalbier Close, Dussindale, Norwich, NR7 0RP.
- Links: when you click on links on my website, they may direct you away from my site. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Storing your information: your information is stored both on an encrypted computer, in Microsoft 365 (OneDrive, Calendar and Mail), in Fresha, on the secure control panel for my website, in a locked document box when in transit and in a locked filing cabinet. I do not store personal data on any portable devices such as a memory stick. Any electronic devices used are password protected. Microsoft 365 cloud services are subject to 2-factor authentication and are stored on a paid for, business package which meets GDPR requirements.
- Retaining your information: You have the right to ask me to anonymise your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship. I am required by law to retain adult records for eight years following our last date of contact and will destroy them with a shredder after that date. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their contact ended.
- Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself, either for clinical or retail purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by email, in a Microsoft Word or PDF document attachment.
- Sharing your information: I will never share your information without your permission – it will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
- Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).